We have listed the questions most frequently asked by school administrators interested in hosting an international teacher. However,if you have a specific question that is not answered in this section, please contact us and we'll do our best to answer your question within 2 business days.
- How much does it cost to host an ITES sponsored teacher?
- How many years teaching experience do ITES sponsored teachers have?
- How long can ITES teachers work in this country?
- We have already identified a teacher we would like to host, can ITES sponsor them?
- How do we evaluate foreign degrees and transcripts for their U.S. equivalency?
1. How much does it cost to host an ITES sponsored teacher?
You'll be pleasantly surprised to learn just how affordable it is to host an international teacher sponsored by ITES. There are a number of factors that influence our fee structure and since we tailor our service to meet the precise needs of each school partner it is not possible for us to list our fees here. However, if you call to explain your requirements we promise you a straightforward conversation about your needs, your options, our services and our fees.
ITES has a flexible approach to the types of services and programs we offer and we will work to create a program that is uniquely based on the specific needs of your school. We work with schools and districts of all shapes and sizes - from independent, charter and private schools to rural and urban public school districts across America. For example:
- You might be an independent school with a sister-school relationship that has already identified the teacher you would like to host
- You might be a large urban public school district that uses exchange teachers as a strategic tool to globalize your learning communities
- You might be working as part of foreign government initiative to promote specific languages and cultures in your school
- You might have a very specific requirement for a teachers in a certain specialized subject area that may be difficult to find using traditional methods
2. How many years teaching experience do ITES sponsored teachers have?
Consistent with the regulations of the Exchange Visitor Program, all teachers sponsored by ITES are required to have at least two (2) years full time teaching experience.
3. How long can ITES teachers work in this country?
The J-1 Exchange Visitor Program generally allows for teachers to teach in the U.S. for up to three years. Teachers and schools typically renew contracts with mutual consent before the end of the academic school year. Effective 2016, teachers in their third year of year participation are now eligible to apply for a one or two year program extension. This would allow for a maximum of five years participation. Upon program completion all teachers are expected to return to their home country to share their experiences of their time in the U.S. and must reside outside of the US for a period of two years before they can return under another J Visa.
4. We have already identified a teacher we would like to host, can ITES sponsor them?
Yes. Provided certain regulatory requirements are satisfied, ITES can provide visa sponsorship support and services to your school and your teacher. Please contact us to learn more.
5. How do we evaluate foreign degrees and transcripts for their U.S. equivalency?
ITES recommends Educational Perspectives, a not-for-profit educational research organization and member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).